On-line Registration IS CLOSED for the April 22-23 contest. Join us next year!
Full 'Rules and Regulations' are below. Thank you!
24-Hour Film Contest – Official Rules
· One genre, one line of dialogue and one object will be selected randomly Friday, April 22, 2016, at CAT’s Downtown Community Media Center. Filmmakers and the general public are invited to attend this live drawing.
· After the drawing, the teams will have 24 hours to make a 3-minute (or shorter) video in the selected genre, containing the selected line of dialogue and using the selected object in their video. All filmmakers must incorporate the same genre, line of dialogue and object.
· All submissions must be turned in to CAT at our Downtown Community Media Center by 5:30 pm. on Saturday, April 23rd. If your film has Harbor Hour content (curse words, offensive content, etc.), please indicate this on your submission form.
· Videos must be delivered as .mov Quicktime files. All files must be labeled with team name and film title (if applicable). CAT staff will be available to help facilitate the process, but will not be responsible if the files are not transferred to a CAT computer by 5:30 p.m.
· A screening and judging of the entries will begin at 6 pm at The Bridge, 1020 East Walnut, on Saturday, April 23. The public is invited to attend this event. The $5 entry fee benefits Columbia Access Television. Note: There will be a Guest List that allows 2 members from each team to get into the event for free.
· Videos will be screened in a random order, starting with the Youth entries at 6 p.m. at The Bridge. Judges will decide first, second and third prize awards for the Critics’ Awards. There is also an Audience Award selection. Prizes will consist of gift certificates, camera gear, CAT commodities and much more. Winners will be announced on Thursday, May 12, at the CAT Watch Party at The Talking Horse Theatre.
· Filmmakers are responsible for providing objects, costumes, cameras, and other equipment. CAT equipment will be available as usual, first come, first served to members.
· Note on EQUIPMENT: A limited amount of production and editing equipment is available for CATTV members. Be sure to sign up early if you plan to use this equipment.
· NOTE on SCREENING CONTENT: CAT is a public access channel and does not censor what people create or what airs on the channel. CAT will screen the Youth screenings first during each screening party.